Design Economics and Cost Planning is one of the most fascinating topics in the field of Quantity Surveying and Cost Management.
It explores the impact of building design on the total hard construction cost.
An equally significant topic is the impact of “Site Conditions” on your total project development cost.
Since each project site has its own unique conditions and characteristics, it is important to analyze and consider the following “Site” factors:
1. Site location and constraints
2. Extent of required demolition and site clearance
3. Existing ground conditions
4. Utilities and Services
6. Health, Safety, and Environmental requirements
7. Availability of labor, materials, and equipment
8. Land use/entitlements, zoning laws, planning and building regulations
Failing to consider the above factors during the initial site selection and/or cost planning stage can lead to significant project delays and cost overruns.